With just three games to go, Joel Embiid is currently averaging 30.4 points per game and leading the league. If he is able to hold on, he would become:
- The first center to win the scoring title since Shaq (29.7 PPG, 1999-2000)
- The first center to average 30+ PPG since Malone (31.1 PPG, 1981-82)
- The first center to average 30+ PPG en route to the scoring title since Bob McAdoo (31.1 PPG, 1975-76)
- Just the 6th center in NBA history to average 30+ PPG (W. Chamberlain, K. Abdul-Jabbar, B. McAdoo, W. Bellamy, M. Malone)
- The first 7-footer to average 30+ since Kareem (30.0 PPG, 1974-75)
- The first 7-footer to average 30+ PPG en route to the scoring title since Kareem (34.8 PPG, 1971-72)
- The only other 7-footer besides Wilt and Kareem to average 30+ PPG in NBA history
- The first non-American to win the scoring title in NBA history
- [Just the 3rd player in NBA history, to average 30+ PPG on under 20 FGA a game] (https://stathead.com/tiny/z9fg2) (K. Malone, A. Dantley)
- The first center to average 30+ PPG in under 40 minutes a night in NBA history
- The quickest (in terms of MPG) 30+ PPG scorer in NBA history, ahead of Curry, Westbrook, Harden, Jordan, and LeBron.
- Embiid was born 16 March 1994 in a Cameroon.
- He currently plays for the Philadelphia 76ers of the National Basketball Association (NBA). After one year of college basketball with the Kansas Jayhawks, he was drafted with the third overall pick in the 2014 NBA draft by the 76ers. Multiple foot and knee injuries delayed his debut for two seasons until 2016–17, when he was named to the NBA All-Rookie First Team despite playing only 31 games. Embiid has received five All-Star selections. He has nicknamed himself “the Process” in response to a refrain from 76ers fans during the Sam Hinkie era to “trust the process”. reddit.com
Please follow and like us: